Jesus is Our Friend
We have shared that we need to be thankful. We learned that Jesus loves and cares for you. We have learned that Jesus wants to help us be clean. He wants to live with us in our inner house, which is our spiritual heart.
Today, we are learning that each day, we should talk with Jesus. He is our Friend, someone who we can trust, and we need to learn how to talk to Jesus; to start, we talk to Him in the same way we talk to our own friends—about what is important to you.
Talking to God is actually what prayer is. When we talk to Him, we call it ‘praying’. Don’t be afraid to talk to Jesus; talk to Him like you would talk to others—your family and friends; your dollies and Teddy Bears; and pets. Jesus wants you to talk (pray) to Him about what is important to you—about your thoughts and activities; about your problems and your happiness—anything you want to talk to Him about. And when you pray, don’t forget to praise Him and give Him thanks!
Did you know that Jesus calls us His friends?
John 15:14-15 “I have called you friends”(KJV)
We are very special friends of His; and He wants to be our Best Friend; He loves us and understands us better than anyone else.
We sing some songs like:
- “Jesus Loves All the Children”
- “Jesus Loves the Little Children”
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”—because Jesus is truly our Friend.
When we invite Jesus to come and live inside us—where He has made us ‘us’, called the heart—He wants to be your best Friend and Savior. He wants to live with you and be a true Friend and a best Friend to you. All He is waiting for you to do, is to invite Him into your heart, now by saying a simple prayer—like this. “Lord Jesus, I invite you into my heart today and ask you to be my Friend and Savior. Thank You, Jesus, for forgiving my sins and calling me Your Friend. Amen.”
- Note to Teacher—This lesson fits in with Part IV of “Hebrew Meaning of the Word Heart”.
Activity—Sing one of the above songs suggested in this lesson and memorize John 15:14-15 (above)
- We shared that we need to be thankful.
- We learned that Jesus cares for us and loves us.
- We learned that Jesus wants in live in our inner house, our spiritual heart.
- We learned that Jesus wants to help us be clean.
- Prayer is talking with Jesus. Each day we should talk with Jesus. He is our friend, and we need to learn to talk with Him—a way to start is talk to Him much in the same way we talk to our own friends, about what is important to you. Remember a friend is someone you can trust.
Prayers to consider:
- Jesus, You love me. Thank You, for loving me. I love You; I love You because: ___________.
Examples: 1. (because) You love me and call me Your Friend.
2. (because) You listen to me whether I am happy or sad.
3. (because) You made me and care about me.
- Jesus, I get sad when a friend does something bad to me. Please help me forgive him/her. Please help me to love them like You do. Please help me to be happy again. Thank you, Jesus.
- Jesus, today, I want to ask You to be my Friend. I ask You (invite you) to forgive me for my sins-those things I have done wrong. I want You to always be my Best Friend, and be close to me. Today, I am inviting you to please come into my heart, my spiritual hear, my house. Thank you, Jesus, for being my Savior and new Friend, today.
- Dear Jesus, I have done wrong to______. Please forgive me. You said in the Bible, that if I confess my sin (tell you my sin), you would cleanse my heart from sin. Thank you, Jesus, for forgiving me and making me clean again. Please help me, not to sin. Thank you, Jesus, for being my helper and Friend.