This morning as I prepared to have my morning devotions, I sensed something that I had not thought about. It was about this pandemic that we are facing with Covid 19. It appears that its presence is keeping many Christians from fellowshipping in churches. Definitely, many seniors are hesitant about worshipping in person and for potentially good reason of protecting health. The ultimate result is that many are missing the teaching that helps us keep our eyes on Christ. The news we face every day can cause discouragement. We need the fellowship of other Christians to stand strong in our walk with Jesus. That fellowship includes praying with others—whether in person or on phone or through a group praying on the internet.

I, for one, would urge that we consider ways we can personally visit those who have stopped coming to church—that would be one way of following the first-century church in Jerusalem—who went house to house breaking bread. Acts 2:42 (KJV) “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”—what are we doing today? A personal visit or a phone call can make a difference in a person’s life—especially during this period of isolation.

Also, from historical study of Christian responses during times of epidemics, we have learned that many early Christians were also not afraid to help those who were ill.

I would also encourage that we not be afraid (by using the proper precautions) to be a part of our community helping others, and in addition do our civic duty and vote. We need to stand up for our values, even though Covid 19 is a threat. In standing up, we also need to show God’s Love through caring for others.

The above shared by Lewis Turner

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –

SCROLL for Related Content + Commentary & Resources + Replies

• 2 Cor 1:3, 4 BSB 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 

Lord God, thank You for comforting us, especially at this time. Please help us to comfort and encourage one another. Help us to be creative due to the unique circumstances. Thank You in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

This reply was deleted.