Opening Prayer of the 117th Congress

Dear intercessors.  

This week the opening prayer of the 117th Congress was made.  It did not acknowledge the writer of part of the prayer--the Aaronic blessing which was written by Yahweh.  Instead, it attributed this prayer to foreign gods.  An item for prayer.   Our God is a Jealous God who does not like what He has written attributed to any other God.  This was written about in the Daily Jot, which I have included in the link below.  Please take time to pull it up and read it.

Opening%20Prayer%20117th%20Congress.docx

The prayer also appears to be gender neutral in its ending by saying amen and a-woman. That also concerns me.  Amen, which comes from the Hebrew is not gender focused.  It means 'So be it'. 

I would appreciate hearing from our intercessors about their thoughts about the points above.  Also, since this occurred in our Congress, we should go to the Lord and ask forgiveness for it attributi9ng the authorship to foreign gods, and for its ending--that appears to being politically correct.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and prayers about this opening prayer of the 117th Congress.

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –

SCROLL for additional content: Commentary ~ Resources~ Replies ~

• Heavenly Father,

You are a jealous God. You do not tolerate other gods, who are not really gods at all.

We are very upset about what happened. You, the Living God, God of the Bible are the only God. We still trust in You, You are still our God, even though some turned away from You to other gods.

Please, be merciful to this nation!

Please protect all who acknowledge You as the only God. We plead the blood of Jesus Christ over all Your people.

We pray in the Name above all names, Lord Jesus Christ, the only Name through which we can be saved. 

May the Lamb of God receive His due reward.

Amen.

This reply was deleted.