Cry Out America Announces the Fifth Annual
9/11 Nationwide Prayer Gatherings
United Consecrated Prayer for America

Cleveland, Tenn.—Five years ago a network of prominent leaders from a broad coalition of evangelical, Pentecostal and Charismatic ministries formed the Awakening America Alliance.  With strong conviction that America was in a devastating Spiritual decline, this group of men and women decided that a united public moment across the nation to talk about and pray for awakening was needed. The Alliance decided to use a date that in many ways is infamy in American history, September 11—a day all Americans will remember with images etched in minds and hearts forever.

Dr. Billy Wilson, Executive Director for the International Center for Spiritual Renewal, Empowered21 and The Awakening America Alliance, said, “In many ways what happened on Sept. 11, 2001 signaled what would take place in the 21stcentury. We saw the collapse of things we thought were certain, of things we thought would never fall, and we saw an invasion of darkness and fear in our nation that we had never experienced. Some days I wake up and ask myself ‘How in the world did America get in this shape? How did we become this dark during my generation?’ I believe that can change, but it can only change if the people of God unite in prayer.”

"As we head toward 9/11 and a Presidential election, we believe that our trust does not lie in the economy, in military might nor in politics. Many Christians are lured into thinking that politics are the answer, but the one and only answer is Jesus.Cry Out America comes at a crucial time in our nation's history. On a daily basis, numerous commentators express their shock at how far this nation has strayed from a spirit of freedom and public trust in God. American's greatest need, even in this difficult season, continues to be their need to know Jesus Christ," said Dr. Billy Wilson.

Currently Cry Out America has more than 865 County Coordinators, 31 State Coordinators, and 1,700 Churches/Ministries/Intercessors as registered COA collaborating partners poised for 9/11 prayer gatherings across all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U. S. Virgin Islands. It is expected that prayer points will exceed last year’s numbers of more than 2,531 officially documented Cry Out America (COA) prayer points during united, consecrated prayer gatherings in 1,450 counties—with an average gathering size of 100 people, some 2.5 million people were clearly crying out for a spiritual awakening in 21st century America. 

Judy Seifert, COA Ohio State Coordinator, National Day of Prayer County Coordinator, Prayer Consultant, Church of God Prayer Leader's Network, Ministry Site Leader, and Youth For Christ/Friend2Friend, said, “We have 29 county coordinators out of the 88 counties in Ohio, which will be officially holding observances on 9/11. Several of the counties without coordinators will be participating through churches and individual prayers. I am continually taken back by the great presence of the Lord that sweeps in upon us as we join our hands and hearts, cross denominational lines, and cry out to God for mercy and pardon for America. It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of calling America to prayer at such a time as this. While things appear bleak for our nation, we must stop and remember the scriptures that remind us to see the whole matter. You have to examine things from God’s point of view. When we look behind the public scenes at what God’s people are doing, it’s only then that we see the vast moving of His hand at work in our behalf. And His hand is moving mightily in opening large venues of prayer throughout our nation. When God’s people pray, God moves! Our sin has caused judgments to fall upon us as a nation, but we have hope in the goodness of our Lord. For His great name’s sake, God always extends opportunity to repent and return to Him.”

Oni Roberts, COA Texas State Coordinator, said, “‘If my people who are called by my name….’ What a resounding, yet conditional, message from God to Solomon in 2 Chronicles 7.  It reminds us, the Church, to come humbly before Him, to repent and turn from apathy and compromise then He will hear us and heal our land. We have a responsibility to God, to America, to our founding fathers, and the next generation to take these words from God seriously. As a COA prayer intercessor for Texas, America and the world, I am committed to pray according to the mandates of the Lord in 2 Chronicles believing, that God will honor His Word and ignite a spiritual awakening in America. God has sent the world to America—will you pray?”

“We need God to hear our cry; we need him to forgive our sin, and we need Him to heal our broken land. We are asking every county in our nation to unite in prayer. We are calling sacred assemblies across denominational lines, with people from every race and every political persuasion to stand on the public square and say that Jesus is the only answer for America. We are going to CRY OUT until God sends a new awakening in the United States in our generation,” Dr. Billy Wilson concluded.

"If you believe," said Wilson, "that extraordinary, united prayer is needed to awaken our nation, and you are willing to get involved to help make this historic event happen, I encourage you to visit our website www.awakeningamerica.us/cryoutamerica, find your county, and join us on 9/11."

Cry Out America will precede America For Jesus—A National Call to Prayer, which is planned for September 28–29, 2012 at Independence Mall in Philadelphia, a city where the foundation of our liberty was birthed. The Awake Now Conference, Love Philadelphia Outreach, Awake Youth Rally, and the National Solemn Assembly will begin forty days of prayer and fasting before this year's election. 

To learn more about the Awakening America Alliance, how you can get involved in Cry Out America, to become an Alliance partner or to learn more about America For Jesus, please visit www.awakeningamerica.us.

###

TO BOOK an INTERVIEW or SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT with DR. BILLY WILSON
or another member of the Awakening America Executive Cabinet,
contact Matti Stevenson * 719.360.0586 * matti@mattimediagroup.com

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –