THE GOD TO WHOM I PRAY

THE GOD TO WHOM I PRAY

God, you are the great I AM. You are all knowing, all sufficient, ever-present and above all perfect love.
God when I think of Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I know you are my caring shepherd, my Jehovah-rahh.
Lord when I am anxious and worried you are Jehovah-jireh, the Lord who provides.
When I am, overcome with anxiety, worries and cares, when the challenges of this life are too great for me to bear, I know you as Jehovah-shalom, the Lord of peace.
When my body and emotions are weak or sick I come to you as Jehovah-rophe, the Lord who heals me.
When I am battle weary and need your guidance, I come to follow you as Jehovah-nissi. For you are the Lord my banner.
When the things of this world make no sense I know you as Adonai-Jehovah, the Lord our Sovereign.
When the nations are at war and the politics of this world seems bent towards nothing but death and destruction, I come to you as El-Elyon, the Lord Most High.
When I seek your face I look for you as El-Olam, the Everlasting God.
When I face all those who are in need in this world, the widows, orphans, hungry, down cast, lost, lonely, those who are afraid, those who have been abused, those who are faced with the loss of family and homes then I know you are El-Shaddai, The God Who is Sufficient for the Needs of His People.
When I stand and look in awe at the sky, at the mountains, the grandeur of the vast canyon’s, the beautiful flowers, the morning dew, I come into your presence as Jehovah-Elohim, The Eternal Creator.
When I look into the face of a child I remember you as Jehovah-Hoseenu, The Lord our Maker.
When I feel lost and alone I know you as Jehovah-Shammah, The Lord is Present.
When I think of my sinfulness, my failures and my shortcomings then I come to you as Jehovah-Tsidkenu, The Lord our Righteousness and as Jehovah-Mekaddishkem, The Lord our Sanctifier.
Lord, as the morning sun rise and the evening sunset paint the skies with color, I know you as Jehovah-Sabaoth, The Lord of Host. For I know God that in the heavens, the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to you who is seated on the throne, the one who lives forever and ever.

Today I join in with the heavenly choir singing:
Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!

by: Karrol Sneed © 2014

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –