#ReimaginePRAYER...to penetrate our culture.

#ItSeemsToMe…people are red-only or blue-only partly because it is less challenging.

IMHO, freedom is like a two-sided coin.

Liberty.
Charity.

It is not easy to look at both sides of a coin at the same time.

One side is my freedom of assembly, for example. This was recently expressed by churches that exercised their freedom of religion to assemble during COVID restrictions. Many Pastors were boasting as if their call to worship was a call to civil disobedience.

The other side of the coin is my responsibility to the community; the good of others. Many churches called their members to worship in ways that did not place others at risk. (Ironically, protecting the whole is also beneficial to the person who limits personal freedom)

The exercise of my personal liberty should a #ItSeemsToMe…people are red-only or blue-only partly because it is less challenging.

Liberty.
Charity.

One side is my freedom of assembly, for example. This was recently expressed by churches that exercised their freedom of religion to assemble during COVID restrictions. Many Pastors were boasting as if their call to worship was a call to civil disobedience.

The other side of the coin is my responsibility to the community; the good of others. Many churches called their members to worship in ways that did not place others at risk. (Ironically, protecting the whole is also beneficial to the person who limits personal freedom)

The exercise of my personal liberty should a #ItSeemsToMe…people are red-only or blue-only partly because it is less challenging.

Liberty.
Charity.

Liberty.
Charity.

The exercise of my personal liberty should always consider how it will impact others.

““We are allowed to do all things,” but not all things are good for us to do.
“We are allowed to do all things,” but not all things help others grow stronger.
Do not look out only for yourselves.
Look out for the good of others also.”
‭‭ 1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:23-24‬ ‭NCV‬‬

The scripture was not written to citizens of the United States of America.
It was written to those people, believers, who consider themselves citizens of the kingdom of God. A kingdom that has a radically different point of you. And eternal perspective.

Every day as we express ourselves we demonstrate to others which country/kingdom we belong to.

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –