Pray.Network Spotlight: Urbana 15

Every three years between Christmas and New Year, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship sponsors a 5-day mission event called "Urbana", named after its longtime location at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.  The last several events have been held in St. Louis (due to outgrowing the venue), but the conference retains the Urbana brand.  Urbana challenges college students to see the needs of the world and to respond to God's call to expand his kingdom globally.  My own personal prayer life and prayer ministry owes its origins to Urbana '84, so I thought I'd focus this spotlight on Urbana '15, scheduled for 12/27-31, 2015.  (Where did those 30 years go?!)

Urbana is a conference founded on prayer (I've included some of their specific requests for prayer below).  When I attended, we had small group Bible studies in the morning and those same groups met for prayer each night (usually around 10:00), reviewing our days and praying for discernment of God's call; in fact, this was where I (and probably thousands of other college students) first learned to consider and pray about God's path for my life.  And it's no wonder, given the amount of prayer that goes into the conference. 

Urbana's prayer page notes this from David Platt: 

David Platt’s first exposure to InterVarsity came at a preparatory retreat for Urbana 12 speakers in August 2012. One of the things that impressed him the most was our commitment to prayer. He said, “I speak at a lot of conferences. And I have never seen a group putting on a conference who takes prayer as seriously as you all!”

Urbana 2015 will guide attendees through studies on the book of Matthew through small groups and 

Full article here>>>

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –