The purpose of this book is to encourage all believers to simply share the gospel of Jesus Christ. If every believer in a bible-believing church shared the gospel with at least one person a month, by year's end everybody in the world would have heard the gospel.

Over the years I had prayed for proper training in evangelism, because I surely needed it! I've made all kinds of mistakes many times over, not understanding the biblical directives for evangelism. I used Scripture to beat people up and make them feel condemned. I argued with folks. I even tried the patient-evangelism method, where I would wait for someone to ask me about God. No one ever did. I handed out tracts. I used Christian rap CDs to get people's attention. I sat on park benches for hours...I handed out candy bars. All of these ways ultimately failed.

Then the Lord showed me His heart for the lost—and what I needed to do. My hope is that this book will help you too, whether you have been evangelizing for years or still waiting to share the gospel for the first time. -Steve Coon

Q. - Why another book on evangelism?
This has never been taught this way! Just using the Word of God! Steve Hebrews 4:12
>
Q - What is unique about "compassionate" evangelism?
Everyone that uses the word of God has found that Gods' word is true, we are born again by the Word of God! 1 Peter 1:23 Steve
>
Q - What do Christ followers need to know about God's heart for the lost and how would that change the way we relate to lost persons?
God wishes that all would be saved and come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 Steve
>
Q - How do you use scripture in sharing Christ?
Simply, the Word of God, with as few of my words as possible. James 1 ;21b Steve
>
Q - What does it mean to "hear the Shepherd's voice" ... And how does someone who has never done that begin? 
John 10:27 'My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me.' I speak the words of Jesus and I let the people follow Him.

Q - Everyone agrees prayer is important in witnessing, what kind of praying do you practice each day?
Lots of intercessory prayer and specifically, the binding of the works of darkness in the people's lives I'm sharing with. Matthew 16:9 Steve
>
Steve, please write a prayer we can pray together towards becoming compassionate evangelists...
Father I pray for your heart for the lost. I pray for the full power of your Holy Spirit. Father, I pray that you grant to your servants that with all boldness we may speak your word, by stretching forth your hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of the Holy servant Jesus. Acts 4:29 & 30

God bless you!
Call me with any questions, Steve Coon 714-317-1539

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –