2014 Prayer Conference with Mark Batterson

Thoughts on Transformational Prayer and Prayer Leadership

by Paul Covert

One of the things you have to do if you want prayer awareness to grow is to have events that inspire and challenge people to pray.  We just had our 2014 Prayer Conference this last weekend.  We had over 1246 in attendance and it was rock'n.  Mark Batterson was our key note speaker and he preached the weekend services.

Below is the section on prayer conferences and why we do them from my book Threshold: Transformational Prayer; Transformational Prayer Leadership

Our prayer conference features some of the finest speakers, authors, and teachers available, who share their expertise on the topic of prayer. The speakers lead stimulating Friday night and Saturday morning sessions to motivate and challenge participants in all phases of their prayer lives. If it works out, we also try to get the speaker to share in our weekend services. God has used this event to focus the attention of the whole church on prayer. The conference has inspired people to pray more and stimulated many to join the prayer ministry.

Andy is a good example of someone who got connected to the prayer ministry at a prayer conference. He approached me a week or two after one conference and told me how inspired he had been by it. I made an appointment with him to get to know him better. It turned out he was a former Campus Crusade staffer and knew his Bible well. I invited him to join me in the prayer room to pray at one of the services, and the relationship was off and running. Andy loves to teach, so we asked him to help us develop a curriculum for small groups, which he did. Andy’s teaching in this setting is helping many people become excited and passionate about prayer.  He also assists in our Vision Team, which strategizes the next steps for the prayer ministry.

You need to be a member of The Reimagine Network to add comments!

Join The Reimagine Network

Email me when people reply –