[ Compassion • Evangelism • Disciple-Making ]
The #ReimagineFORUM Coaching Session with Jim Morgan
Jim Morgan is an innovative thought leader (check his blog) who shares insights on on the confluence of compassion, evangelism, and disciple-making.
- Why is it important for Christian leaders to begin a journey of rethinking ministry in your focus-area?
Jesus’ model for evangelism is prayer, care, then share. However, the model for today’s church is invite, involve and invest – with pastors assuming all evangelism responsibilities. Our churches no longer focus on challenging churchgoers to become disciples but on attracting and retaining congregants.
- Why will a "reimagine journey" be difficult and potentially dangerous to the status quo?
Asking “successful” churches to scrap their internally-focused model risks losing members to the churches down the road that still cater to the needs of “customers”.
- Agree/Disagree ~ We live in an extraordinary world: Globalization. Immigration. #BlackLivesMatter. Gender reclassification. Marriage Redefined.. #MeToo. The rise of White Supremacy. Terrorism. Unpredictable Weather. The impact of the Industrial Revolution gives way to the Technological Age. . . . This a time of epic change that requires the Church to rethink how we apply biblical truth to the traditions-programs-models-systems that format everything we do.
Disagree, the Gospel isn’t complicated not does it need to be reshaped to fit the nuances of modern society. We’re overthinking and diluting the Gospel message as we try to conform it to the modern (secular, self-obsessed) context. People either believe in the existence of sin and need for repentance, or they don’t – it’s that simple. Since our society does not, that’s the fundamental disconnect between the Christian world view and secular world view. Jesus, Peter, Paul and John the Baptist all came out of the gates preaching repentance but pastors and evangelists today are afraid to talk about sin because it’s not socially acceptable in our day and age.
- How does your ministry help Christian leaders equip those they serve to begin the reimagine journey?
My Blog + Technology to enable churches and ministries to unite and mobilize, bringing help and hope to struggling families.
√ these (and other) posts from Jim's blog:
- WWJB(Where Would Jesus Be) n 2020?
- What's Keeping Churches From Discipling?
- 3 Keys to Effective Evangelism
- How To Witness In Today's World