Adopt-An-Apartment Initiative ~ #ReimagineCITIES...and you will #ReimagineEVANGELISM...
What is the “Adopt-An-Apartment Initiative?”
Each of the 18 apartments we serve have all kinds of needs and challenges so we desire to have individuals or groups adopt an apartment to pray, care and share. We are looking for those who will take on this initiative for a year so we know that every one of our apartments has constant and consistent prayer intercession.
Who can adopt an apartment?
Our hope is that individuals, churches, Bible study groups, mission teams, nonprofits, businesses will adopt an apartment.
Which apartment do I choose?
We currently have 18 apartments in Middle TN that need adopting. Please pray over the list asking the Lord which apartment you should adopt. When you decide, please text Gary Jennings at 678-231-1601 and let him know your name and the name of the apartment. Please include why you chose this specific apartment if all possible. We would just love to know how God worked to help you decide.
When should an individual or group pray for their adopted apartment?
As often as you want. We suggest that you ask the Lord how often He wants you to pray for the apartment you have selected.
How do I pray?
The primary principle of intercession is simply to tell God what He tells us to tell Him as the means of releasing His power. He tells us what to pray in His Word. We can pray the Bible. It is profoundly simple. Intercession is God’s brilliant strategy for including the saints in ruling with Him in power. God has chosen intercession as the primary means in which He releases His power now and forever.
Watch for specific prayer requests via the CityLife Prayer Guide as well as mobile texts sent to you as a result of an immediate need we were made aware of by a resident or employee.
When do I/we start praying?
You don’t have to wait. Start now by…
- praying that God would stir His Spirit in the hearts of residents who are believers to get involved with CityLife and their church to reach their apartment with the Gospel.
- asking the Father to help us find lost people who are Luke 10 persons of peace
- interceding for the apartment management team even if you don't know their names.
- Prayer walking and/or prayer driving the property sometime soon. Ask the Lord to reveal to you what He wants for this apartment complex. Ask the Lord to give your prayerwalk team the opportunity to have spiritual conversations with persons on the property.
Other opportunities to pray…
- create a list of residents, apartment management team, apartment ownership group to pray by name and by building. Yes, we pray for buildings!!!
- consider being the prayer leader for the apartment or praying for a prayer leader to coordinate prayer intercession.
- pray for the chaplain that is assigned to your property
- pray for CityLife on Wednesdays at 1:11pm. (Wednesdays are the days of praying and fasting if you would like to join us. We break the fast at Wednesday dinner time.)
Are there opportunities to care?
Absolutely! Here are some ideas on taking the next steps to care for your adopted apartment but as always, listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying to you.
- If you live in Middle TN, purchase a box of donuts and go into the office and let them know that you are praying for them and ask them how you can pray for them. Please mention that you are working with CityLife.
- Pray for the apartment management team on their birthday provided in the CityLife apartment profile.
- Be willing to serve at a CityLife event when called upon so you can help us build relationships.
How can I let others know about “adopting-an-apartment?”
- Share with others in your circle of influence that you need their involvement to pray with you.
- If you live in Middle TN, get a group of intercessors to prayerwalk the apartment looking for opportunities to have spiritual conversations and discover persons of peace.
- If you are not local or you can't prayerwalk, just get together twice a month with a group of intercessors to have a 20 minute prayer meeting for specific names and needs. This can be done in person, by phone or zoom.
- Be willing to share what God is doing by filling out a simple and quick monthly report provided by CityLife.
- Invite others to sign up for the CityLife Prayer Guide. Send names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for prayerfully considering adopting an apartment. God is going to use you and your group of intercessors to change the spiritual landscape of the apartment you have chosen to adopt. I was adopted as a two day old baby to parents who chose to have me. I was forever changed by their unconditional love and sacrifice. There is no telling what God is going to do as you stand in the gap for “your” residents and employees. Let's find out together as we pray and obey! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns but know that you will be the spiritual backbone of your adopted apartment.
For His Glory!
Gary B. Jennings
Serving Apartments | Building Communities
SCROLL for additional Commentary. . .Resources. . . Replies